McArthur Law Firm is open at this time; however, to protect your safety and that of our employees during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, we are offering video and telephone conferencing in place of face-to-face meetings. Please contact our office for your free consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Handling Claims For Injured Individuals And Families
What happens to your family if you or someone you love suffers a catastrophic injury that robs them of their ability to walk, think clearly or continue working for a living? For the victims of pedestrian accidents, the answer to that question is more than just mere words. Instead, it is a shattering reality that often includes facing one or more of the following:
- Hospital bills you cannot afford to pay
- Expensive rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Adjusting to life with a spinal cord injury or TBI
- Lacking the income to afford living expenses because you are physically or mentally unable to continue in your chosen profession due to your injury
- No longer being able to live on your own without assistance due to a debilitating injury
- Having someone you planned to spend the rest of your life with suddenly taken from you
Pedestrian accident lawyer Kathy McArthur fights for injury victims and their families throughout Georgia and nationwide. She has been practicing law for 40 years. She learned a long time ago that injury victims and the families of wrongful death victims need an attorney who will fight to ensure both their present and future are secure.
In many cases, it costs the same to hire someone who is just learning the ropes as opposed to a firm, such as the McArthur Law Firm, that has a long history of helping its clients secure favorable verdicts and settlements. In addition, it is free to speak with a pedestrian accident attorney at the McArthur Law Firm about your case. We will answer your questions and explain your rights and options, so that you can make an informed decision about your future. Call us now. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
To raise pedestrian safety awareness, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) released pedestrian accident statistics from 2012 that show that hit by a car injuries and deaths happen far more often than most people think:
- On average, a pedestrian was injured in an auto accident every seven minutes and a pedestrian was killed in a car crash every two hours;
- Per trip, pedestrians had 1.5 times more of a chance of being the victim of a fatal car accident than vehicle occupants, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC);
- In 14 percent of fatal auto accidents where pedestrians were killed, the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of the driver of the vehicle was over the legal limit;
- Of children aged 5 to 15 who died in fatal auto crashes, 22 percent were pedestrians;
- Elderly pedestrians, 65 years old and up, accounted for 9 percent of those injured. They also accounted for 20 percent of those killed in automobile crashes.
What Should I Do If a Car Hits a Family Member?
Of course, pedestrians hit by a car or truck must seek immediate medical attention. Obviously, in most cases, the pedestrian struck by a car will likely be taken away to a hospital. If there are family members or other witnesses to the accident, they should do the following:
- Make a report with police at the scene.
- Do not leave the accident scene unless medically necessary.
- Get the contact information of any drivers, passengers and witnesses.
- Do not talk to the other drivers about the accident except to get their contact information.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and take notes about the incident.
- Do not talk to the other party’s insurance company or legal representative.
- Speak with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible.
Free Consultation with a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Kathy McArthur thoroughly investigates every case she takes. She then pursues justice for her clients as if it were her life or the life of someone she loves on the line. At the McArthur Law Firm, we are always prepared to go to trial. We want to make sure our clients recover the full and fair compensation they need and not a penny less. Check out our verdicts and settlements to see some of the results we’ve obtained in recent years.