Faulty Airbags and Seat Belt Accidents
Macon Car Defect Lawyer on Your Rights Under Product Liability Law
What do you do when a device that was supposed to protect you turns out to be the reason you are hurt or someone you love is killed? Car defect lawyer Kathy McArthur has over 30 years of experience successfully fighting to secure justice for injury victims and their families in Macon, Georgia and nationwide.
For those who have been injured due to defective airbags or seat belts and the families of fatal car defect victims, the answer to that question generally involves being forced to deal with the following:
- Massive medical expenses, including hospital bills and rehabilitation costs
- Victims losing the ability to live on their own due to a debilitating injury, such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or paralysis
- Figuring out a way to afford an in-home caregiver or long-term care facility
- Victims losing their job because they are unable to perform their work duties due to the nature of their injury
- Families suffering the loss of a loved one, such as a child, parent, wife or husband
You can speak to Kathy or another experienced car defect attorney at the McArthur Law Firm for free about your situation. We will analyze your case, tell you your legal rights, answer your questions and discuss the options available to you and your family moving forward. This is information you need to know to decide what is best for your and your family’s future. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Make the call.
Types of Airbag and Seat Belt Defects
A seat belt or airbag defect can occur for several reasons:
- Defective airbag sensors that lead to airbags inflating when unnecessary or not inflate when necessary
- Seat belt latches unintentionally becoming unlatched due to a product defect
- Missing internal airbag tethers that prevent the airbag from inflating too close to the driver or passenger, which could lead to their injury
- Manufacturers failing to conduct crash tests with a proper range of crash test dummies to account for all the varying body shapes and sizes of potential drivers and passengers
- Using multi-force inflators that are too powerful, leading to driver or passenger injury
- Faulty airbags that are not designed to inflate upwards before horizontally, which is safer for drivers and passengers
- Seat belt retractor failure, which can leave slack in the seat belt and allow the body to fly forward and/or hit the interior of the car during a crash
- Improperly handled and stored airbag propellant chemicals, which can cause airbag inflators to become over-pressurized and explode
- Failing to install a side airbag
- Installation of airbags that only protect driver and passenger torsos and fail to protect their heads and necks from injury
Seat Belt and Airbag Failure Injuries
Injuries that can occur because of seat belt or airbag failure include but are not limited to the following:
- Severe burns, cuts, bruises and abrasions
- Head injuries, including TBI
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash, spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Broken bones and facial disfigurement
- Vision and hearing impairment
- Fatal puncture wounds from shrapnel if metal airbag inflators explode
- Chest and pelvic injuries
- Arm and hand injuries, which can lead to amputation
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
How Can a Product Liability Lawsuit Help Airbag and Seat Belt Failure Victims?
Auto manufacturers will do everything within their power to discredit victims of faulty airbags or seat belt injury, because these types of cases can lead to costly recalls and even threaten the future of their company. Carmakers and their high-price legal departments deal with cases involving auto defects on a daily basis. Airbag and seat belt injury survivors and the families of fatal injury victims need an experienced car defect lawyer on their side to have a realistic chance of bringing an automaker or automotive parts manufacturer to justice, including:
- Recovering the money victims and their families need to cover medical expenses, loss of income and funeral costs
- Ensuring auto companies, parts manufacturers and repair shops are held accountable for their negligent actions
- Forcing auto manufacturers and parts makers to correct airbag failure or seat belt defect problems in all affected vehicles to prevent others from suffering injuries or wrongful death due to the issue
Find Me an Experienced Car Defect Lawyer in Macon, Georgia
Kathy McArthur realized very early in her career that injury survivors and the families of wrongful death victims do not have time to waste with an inexperienced or bad lawyer. They are facing the fight of their lives and need a personal injury attorney with a history of successful verdicts and settlements guiding them step-by-step through the process of holding those at fault for their pain and suffering accountable. Understanding what is at stake for her clients is what drives Kathy to fight for every client as if it were her life or the life of someone she loves on the line. The McArthur Law Firm is a trial law firm, and while we will settle a case if it is in our client’s best interests, we treat every case as if it will go to trial, because we are just as comfortable in the courtroom as we are at the negotiating table. With your life and your family’s future at stake, do not settle for an inexperienced attorney. In most cases, it costs you the same to hire our firm to represent you as it does to hire an attorney just out of law school to handle your case.
Georgia native and five-time heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield endorses Kathy McArthur and the McArthur Law Firm, because they are “The Real Deal.” For more information about seat belt or airbag failure cases or to set up a free consultation with an experienced car defect lawyer to discuss your situation, give us a call, fill out our online contact form and click on the link at the top of this page to speak to a car defect attorney for free.