Meet Personal Injury Attorney D. Jordan Josey
Insurance Litigation Lawyer for Macon, Georgia
D. Jordan Josey is an associate attorney at the McArthur Law Firm. Originally from upstate South Carolina, Jordan graduated from Riverside High School and attended Clemson University. He graduated cum laude and was involved with the William T. Howell Pre-Law Society Mock Trial program, earning an award for best attorney during his senior year.
Jordan then attended Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law. There, he was selected by the faculty to serve on the Mercer Advocacy Council as a competitor for the Charleston National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition and the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition in Philadelphia. Jordan also chaired the editorial board for Mercer’s own Legal Ethics and Professionalism Moot Court Competition, hosted annually at Mercer Law School.
He began clerking for the McArthur Law Firm during his second year of law school and developed a passion for insurance litigation and plaintiff’s practice. Before graduation, Jordan earned the Guerry R. Moore Insurance Award and the CALI Award for Excellence for the highest performance in his insurance litigation course at Mercer Law School. Jordan was also inducted into the Order of the Barristers, a national association recognizing excellence in the art of courtroom advocacy. He joined the McArthur Law Firm as an associate after graduation.
Jordan lives in Macon with his wife, Virginia, who is also an attorney.
Areas of Practice
- 60% Motor Vehicle Wrecks
- 30% Premises Liability
- 10% Workers’ Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Georgia, 2016
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2017
- Court of Appeals of Georgia, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2017
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. 2016
- Honors: ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition participant, Charleston National Moot Court Competition participant, Dean’s list
- Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
- B.A. cum laude
- Major: Communication Studies
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Barristers
- Guerry R. Moore Insurance Award and Scholarship
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award for achievement in the study of Problems in Insurance Litigation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Macon Bar Association
- Macon Trial Lawyers Association